fabric is a development agency for the arts and creative industries in Bradford district. Its primary role is to strengthen the cultural fabric of the district through a range of advocacy, networking and publication initiatives. I actively engaged with creative industries, arts practitioners and artists. I managed the company website and was responsible for content development, membership, finance, public relations and outward communication. I wrote bids for arts exhibitions and assisted with the delivery of the annual events programme.
- Web content development
- Online copywriting
- Communications management
- Partnership and stakeholder work
- Monthly online newsletter
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Brand language
- Marketing strategy
- Maintained membership database
- Company finances
- Arts advocacy
- Social media
- Administrative work
- I contributed to the planning and provision of regular evaluative reports on progress towards Fabric’s key objectives for communication and information exchange.
- I proposed the introduction of free online associate membership, which met with board approval. I co-ordinated the online marketing campaign and also ‘sold’ the idea to existing paid members and stakeholders. Membership grew from 70 to over 1000.
- I increased company revenue through conversion of associate members to paid members. I did this by leveraging existing membership communication, with successful online promotions and exclusive offers to paid members — such as featuring paid member profiles on the homepage.
- My production of the monthly online newsletter evolved it from an ad-hoc selection of arts events, to a professional, balanced and informative digest of local arts and activities of our members.