James showed superb attention to detail, gained working experience with InDesign and adapted well to the office environment. – Jim Merrett, Deputy Chief Copy Editor, Esquire at Hearst Magazines
- Subbed, fact-checked, and rewrote copy for January 2013 issue
- Worked up pieces from raw copy to final proofs, using proofmarks and Adobe InDesign.
- Learnt the publishing system (Censhare and Adobe InDesign)
- Integrated into the editorial team during a busy press week.
- Wrote headlines, standfirsts, sells and photo captions
- Rewrote copy to house style and the highest editorial standards
“Learned pub sys and workflow quickly. Showed initiative in solving problems. Integrated into team; willing to accept instructions and act upon them. Eager to learn more about operations. A very useful work placement for Esquire in a busy press week.”
— Brendan Fitzgerald, Chief Subeditor