Journalist, Writer, and Photographer in West Yorkshire, UK
I’m an independent writer, formerly based in Brighton where I completed an NCTJ Diploma in Journalism.
I currently reside in West Yorkshire where I was born and bred.
I’m devoted to working with campaigning charities and human rights organisations.
For a portfolio of my professional work please visit: jamesgarside.net
SOME RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’ve over 15,000 Twitter followers
- I’ve written over 100 articles on Medium including for Publications, Series, and the Medium Partner Program
- My proudest moment on Medium was having my writing about National Novel Writing Month be published as part of NaNoWriMo‘s official Medium publication
- My bylines include The Argus, Brighton Noise, Amnesty UK, Big Issue North
- My poetry and short stories have been published in books, anthologies, community publications, and literary magazines
- My work has been adapted for both the stage and short films
- I’ve performed at literary events including Bradford Book Festival
- I was a creative writing tutor on residential summer courses for the gifted and talented programme at Kilve Court and adult education workshops at Yorkshire Art Circus
- I’ve worked in publishing and offered manuscript appraisal and proofreading services on a freelance basis
- I can neither confirm nor deny rumours that I’m working on my first novel
- I quite literally live on tea
- NCTJ Diploma in Journalism
- MA Creative Writing
- BA English (Hons)
- CELTA (Level 4 Certificate in TESOL)
- NVQ Level 3 in Information Advice and Guidance
James Garside is an independent journalist and writer. You can follow him on Medium, join him on Patreon, and chat with him on Twitter. Sign up for his newsletter to receive regular updates about his work.